I threw this together on Memorial Day so I could grill them but then as luck would have it, ran out of gas for the grill just as I was putting them on! Thank goodness for great neighbors as I ran next door and threw the skewers on her grill that was already hot as she took her dinner off. The results: It was off the hook!
This is so delicious and amazingly easy to make!
Feel free to experiment with different veggies and meat too.
You can increase all quantities to make more servings.
IngredientsMarinade for Veggies:
- 1/4 cup olive oil (extra virgin or regular)
- 2 TBS worcestershire sauce
- 2 TBS soy sauce
- 2 shakes of dried parsley or about a Tbsp. of chopped fresh
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped rosemary
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- Sea salt to taste (just a pinch or so)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh grated ginger
- 1 red pepper chopped into chunks
- 1 orange pepper chopped into chunks
- 1 Vadalia sweet onion chopped into quarters
- Several mushrooms brushed clean, stems trimmed and left whole (substitute, add, delete any vegetables you love here)
- *1 package dry black peppercorn marinade mix *Note: if you can't find a good peppercorn dry marinade in the stores you can make your own, just put the rest of the ingredients in the bag and then crack a ton of black pepper into it and any other herbs and spices you like on your steak)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (either will do)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 TBS white vinegar (you can substitute any other vinegar if you have to)
- 1 Ribeye steak cut into chunks
- Mix: the veggie marinade ingredients together in a gallon zip-loc bag
- Place all vegetables in with the marinade (let sit at room temp for 20 mins. to 1 hour)
- Mix: Marinade for meat into a separate zip-loc bag and put meat chunks in with the marinade