- One Pork Roast (shoulder or butt) The one in the picture is a small organic shoulder roast. Boy was it tasty!
- Herbs de Provence
- Chili powder
- Cayene pepper
- Cracked black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Extra Thyme leaves or Rosemary (they are also in the Herbs de Provence so add these according to taste)
- Ground Cumin
You can mix and match your spices for the rub with any combination of the herbs and spices you like and that go well together.
- Place the pork roast in a roasting pan and place it on the pre-heated (I used to cook it hotter but have dialed it down to about 350 degrees or so and I like it much better done slower on the lower heat) grill. Close the lid and let it roast for at least 2 hrs. depending on size. If it is on the large side I will let it go for 3 hrs. and just turn the heat down a little so it doesn’t get too charred on the outside. (Although we really love that charred exterior too).
- About an hour before it is done you can scrub up some sweet potatoes and throw them on the grill turning them after 15 mins. or so. Or you can chop them into cubes and sprinkle with some olive oil and some herbs and put the pan on the grill about 30 mins. before the roast is done.
- Let the roast rest for 15 mins. or so after you remove it from the grill. Then carve and eat!
Serve this with the roasted asparagus or steamed veggies and you have a super easy delicious meal.